Canton Truck Accident Attorney
Getting Canton Truck Accident Victims the Compensation They Need
Truck accidents are a serious problem in Canton and across the state of Georgia. Victims of these accidents face the daunting challenge of dealing with major physical and emotional trauma, as well as expensive medical bills. Fortunately, an experienced Canton truck accident attorney can help victims get the justice they deserve.
An attorney from the Pritchard Injury Firm can help trucking accident victims by providing the legal guidance to help them collect the compensation they need. With our dedicated legal representation, victims can increase their chances of receiving fair and full compensation while ensure that negligent truckers are held accountable for their actions.
At the Pritchard Injury Firm, we understand that truck accident victims are often in a difficult spot financially. That is why we serve our clients on a contingency fee basis: if you don't win your case, you don't pay us anything. This ensures that everyone has access to legal help when they need it most.
Call (470) 577-8152 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation today!
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents in Georgia can be devastating and life-altering events. With an estimated 388,000 trucking accidents occurring each year in the United States alone, these types of collisions are a major cause of injury and death on our roads. The size and weight of large commercial trucks make them more dangerous than regular passenger vehicles when involved in an accident. This means that truckers must take extra care when driving these behemoth machines.
Unfortunately, not all truck drivers are as careful as they should be, and when this happens, truck collisions can result. Here are a few of the most common causes of truck accidents in our state:
- Distracted Driving: Truck drivers who are distracted by cell phone use, eating or drinking while operating a truck, or other activities that take their attention away from the road can cause serious accidents.
- Driver Error: Truck drivers can make mistakes when it comes to driving, such as speeding or taking turns too wide and causing an accident.
- Fatigue: Drivers who are tired due to long shifts or inadequate rest periods may not be able to react in time to avoid an accident due to fatigue-induced impairment of judgment and reaction time.
- Weather Conditions: Bad weather conditions like rain, snow, fog, and ice create hazardous driving conditions for truckers that can lead to loss of control over their vehicles and result in accidents if they don’t slow down appropriately and stay alert at all times while on the roads during these kinds of conditions.
- Dangerous Cargo Loads: Improperly loaded cargo on commercial trucks can significantly affect the stability of the vehicle. This makes trucks more prone to rollovers than smaller vehicles, which could ultimately lead to severe trucking accidents occurring due to a loss of control. If the load weight shifts during a corner or sudden stop, a driver could lose control over the truck’s movements.
When truck drivers fail to use reasonable caution while operating their vehicles they put innocent lives at risk – which is why it’s important for victims to seek help from an experienced Canton truck accident lawyer who knows how to fight for their rights.
What Common Injuries Do Trucking Collision Victims Face?
Truck accidents are often catastrophic events that can leave victims with severe physical, financial and emotional burdens. Common injuries caused by truck collisions include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal Cord Injuries: These are some of the most serious injuries that truck accident victims can suffer, and may lead to paralysis and chronic pain.
- Brain Injuries: The sudden force from a crash can cause serious traumatic brain injury (TBI). This can lead to victims suffering symptoms such as confusion, memory loss, headaches and dizziness.
- Neck & Back Strains/Sprains: Whiplash is common among truck accident victims who suffer strong jerking motions on impact. This can cause long-term neck or back pain if not treated properly.
- Burn Injuries: Since trucks are often heavily laden with hazardous materials that have the potential to explode under certain conditions, burn injuries are a very real threat in truck accidents cases.
- Fractured Bones: Broken bones can be caused by heavy objects being thrown around during an accident. These injuries are also common due to forceful impacts against hard surfaces inside the vehicle cabin during a collision with a large truck.
- Internal Organ Damage: Because of their size and weight, commercial trucks have greater potential for causing internal organ damage than regular passenger vehicles do when they're involved in collisions.
When Should You Contact An Attorney?
If you or someone you love has been injured in a trucking accident in Canton, Georgia, it is important that you speak with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. The sooner your lawyer gets involved, the better your chances of securing full and fair compensation.
An experienced truck accident attorney should start working on a case immediately in order to maximize its chances of success. The goal is to acquire timely evidence such as police reports, medical records, and expert witnesses. In addition, witness testimony should be collected as soon as possible before memories fade or witnesses move away. Additionally, an attorney can help prevent insurance companies from low-balling clients and taking advantage of them in a time of vulnerability.
Under Georgia law, truck accident victims have a limited amount of time to file a legal claim for compensation. This period is known as the statute of limitations and it varies depending on the circumstances of a case. The statute of limitations for truck accident cases in Georgia is two years, meaning that truck accident victims must file their claim within this time frame or risk having their case dismissed.
There are exceptions to this time limit as well as many other deadlines that must be met when filing a truck accident claim. The best way to ensure that you are meeting these deadlines in a timely fashion is to consult with an experience trucking accident lawyer in Canton as soon as you can after a truck collision.
Our Truck Accident Lawyer in Canton Can Make a Difference
If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one in a Canton truck accident due to the negligence of another driver, it is important that you contact an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Our truck accident lawyers in Canton are dedicated to helping victims get the justice and compensation they deserve after such catastrophic crashes.
An attorney from the Pritchard Injury Firm will review your case and advise you on how best to proceed with filing a claim or lawsuit against the trucking company responsible for the accident.
We understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family. That is why we strive to be as understanding and compassionate as possible, while providing relentless legal representation.
If you have been involved in a trucking accident in Canton, Georgia and need the help of an experienced attorney, contact us today at (470) 577-8152 for a free consultation.