Cartersville, Georgia Car Accident Attorneys
Discuss Cartersville, GA Car Accident Topics with Pritchard Injury Firm
The number of fatalities related to motor vehicle accidents in Georgia has increased over the past 5 years, and the data is troubling and worrisome. In 2018, a total of 36,350 people lost their lives in motor vehicle accidents, and 1,407 of these fatal collisions occurred in Georgia.
What’s more, this data does not account for the thousands of people who are not killed in car accidents in Cartersville and around Georgia, but who are severely injured.
At Pritchard Injury Firm, our Cartersville, Georgia car accident attorney has been helping car accident victims understand their rights and options following a crash for years. Our legal team is ready to help you navigate the claims process, as well.
You can schedule a free consultation with our Cartersville, Georgia car accident attorney by calling us directly at (470) 577-8152 today.
What are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents are caused by several circumstances. They are mostly due to the negligence and distraction of other drivers.
The most common reasons for car accidents include:
- Not Signaling When Switching Lanes
- Reckless Driving (Swerving, Rapid Lane Changes)
- Damaged Roads
- Driving Under the Influence of Drugs/Alcohol
- Severe Weather
- Failure to Obey Traffic Rules
- Distracted Driving
Were you involved in a car accident? Did you suffer injuries or damage to your car? If so, do not hesitate to call our Cartersville car accident attorney. We can help get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer in Cartersville Help Me?
After a car crash in Cartersville or the surrounding areas, you may be wondering whether or not working with an attorney is really necessary.
While the importance of working with a lawyer depends on numerous factors, including the degree of your injuries, whether or not fault is disputed, and the amount of insurance in place, working with a lawyer is almost always beneficial.
Here are some advantages of working with a Georgia car accident attorney:
- An attorney will help investigate your car accident: Following a car accident, you maintain the right to file a claim against the at-fault party’s insurer or file a lawsuit directly against the at-fault driver. In either case, you will be tasked with proving that the accident and your injuries would not have occurred but for the negligence of the at-fault driver. This often requires more than just making a claim of such. An investigation with Pritchard Injury Firm can help turns up compelling evidence, and our lawyer can manage all elements of this investigation on your behalf. We can hire accident reconstruction experts and other professionals to help ensure your case is airtight.
- An attorney will calculate your damages: Another aspect of the claims process is showing the extent of damages you have suffered. Again, merely stating that you have suffered X amount in damages will not be enough; you’ll need to submit evidence proving this. Your attorney can gather evidence, organize your medical bills and financial statements, and even hire financial experts to provide insight into the value of your claim.
- An attorney will represent you in all interactions with the insurer: Dealing with an insurance adjuster can be tough, especially as you recuperate from injuries. Your attorney will represent you in all interactions with the insurer and even advise you of best practices when speaking to an insurer.
- An attorney can negotiate your claim and file a lawsuit if necessary: Finally, when you are offered a settlement amount, your attorney can review the offer on your behalf and, if it fails to fully compensate you, reject the offer and enter into negotiations with the intent of maximizing your settlement. Should settlement negotiations fail, your attorney can file a lawsuit and litigate your case in court.
What to Do Following a Car Accident
Following a car accident, our lawyers recommend taking specific actions to preserve your right to damages. These actions include:
- Filing a police report,
- Gathering evidence at the scene and taking plenty of photos,
- Seeking medical care,
- Providing your insurer with notice of the accident immediately, and
- Reaching out to a Georgia car accident attorney.
If you’re wondering, “Where can I find car accident injury attorneys near me?”, know that our law office is only a phone call away. Our lawyers are happy to travel to your location if you are unable to travel to ours.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
Being involved in a car accident can be scary. At Pritchard Injury Firm, our Georgia car accident lawyer understands what you are going through, and our legal team is here to serve you.
Reach out to get more information and a free case review.
We also serve residents in Cobb County and Cherokee County – if you have suffered injuries after a car accident in the state of Georgia, you should contactus immediately to get started on your case.
Georgia Statute of Limitations for an Auto Accident
While it can be difficult to bring forth a car accident claim in the days and weeks following your accident, especially if you are dealing with psychological injuries in addition to physical ones, filing a car accident claim as soon as possible is the best option.
Filing on time is important for a myriad of reasons – a delay in initiating a claim can mean a delay in recovering the benefits you deserve, evidence related to your case can be destroyed if it is not collected shortly after a crash, and by delaying, you could risk breaching the state’s statute of limitations.
A statute of limitations is a legal time limit that determines the amount of time you have to file a claim after an accident.
If you breach this important deadline, then your right to sue is revoked, and you will be unable to recover compensation for the harm you have suffered.
As outlined in Georgia Code Section 9-3-33, the statute of limitations for car accident claims is two (2) years from the date of the accident/injury. This means you must file your claim within 2 years or lose your right to legal action entirely.
Types of Injuries Resulting from a Car Accident
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries, some mild and some severe.
Over the years, our firm has seen many common types of car accident injuries, which include:
- Head and traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, like whiplash
- Neck and back injuries
- Bone fracture injuries
- Facial injuries
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- And more
In addition to requiring medical care – which can be very expensive – injuries are often painful and debilitating and can prevent a person from returning to work and earning an income, sometimes indefinitely.
Our lawyers will advocate for your right to recover 100 percent of the damages that you have suffered in a car accident, including compensation for your medical expenses, pain, suffering, property damage losses, lost wages, and any other noneconomic or noneconomic damages.