Standing By Your Side Through Personal Injury Claims in All of Georgia
Every 3 minutes, an American is accidentally killed by a preventable event, and every second, an American is accidentally injured. Between car crashes, falls, and other accidents, approximately 214,000 people lose their lives each year, 2.8 million are hospitalized with injuries, and 27.6 million are treated in the emergency department. (Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2015).
If you are one of the people who has been harmed in Cartersville, you understand that these numbers are much more than statistics. If you’re seeking justice after an accident, you want a personal injury lawyer in Cartersville, who understands this, as well. Fortunately, Pritchard Injury Firm has an empathetic legal team that knows exactly what you’re going through.
We are ready to help you. All you need to do is call us at (470) 577-8152 today.
Personal injury law, or “tort law,” is a legal field that seeks to right civil wrongs known as torts. A tort is any “act or omission that gives rise to injury or harm to another.” Typically, torts are the results of negligence, which is a failure to behave with a reasonable duty of care.
When you sue someone for a tort, you become a plaintiff, or “a person who brings a case against another in a court of law,” and the person you sue becomes the defendant, or the person being sued. As the plaintiff, you will have to prove negligence to win your case.
To prove negligence, you must show:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty
- You were hurt
- Your injury or loss is a result of the defendant’s breach
In some cases, proving negligence is straightforward, but others will prove more challenging. At Pritchard Injury Firm, we prioritize our clients, so we will do what it takes to maximize your chances of a successful result.
Our Cartersville law firm is dedicated to your success, but we cannot help you unless you get in touch. From the moment you contact us, your legal issues become ours, and Attorney Zach Pritchard becomes your friend. We put ourselves in your shoes, so we can give you the advice you need and take the legal action that is most appropriate for you and your case
Trust a community-oriented Georgia injury attorney with a local touch and a firm that gets it.
Motor vehicle crashes are the most common personal injury cases, but almost any type of accident can warrant a personal injury claim.
At Pritchard Injury Firm, we handle:
- Car accidents – from low-impact collisions to drunk driving accidents
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist claims – when your insurance company refuses to cooperate
- Truck accidents – semi-truck collisions and other commercial car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents – caused by negligent drivers or defective bikes or motorcycle parts
- Premises liability claims – which apply when you are harmed on someone else’s property including negligent security
- Slip and fall accidents – on wet floors or other unsafe surfaces
- Dog bites – dangerous dogs and other animal attacks
- Catastrophic injuries – including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, and any other injuries that take away your ability to work
- Workplace accidents – third-party negligence and workers’ compensation claims
- Medical malpractice claims – when you are harmed by a healthcare provider
- Wrongful death cases – which apply when you lose a loved one to someone else’s negligence
If you need help with any of the practice areas above, our North Georgia injury lawyer is here for you.