Standing By Your Side Through Personal Injury Claims in Northwest Georgia
Every 3 minutes, an American is accidentally killed by a preventable event, and every second, an American is accidentally injured. Between car crashes, falls, and other accidents, approximately 214,000 people lose their lives each year, 2.8 million are hospitalized with injuries, and 27.6 million are treated in the emergency department. (Data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in 2015).
If you are one of the people who has been harmed, you understand that these numbers are much more than statistics. If you’re seeking justice after an accident, you want a lawyer who understands this, as well. Fortunately, Pritchard Injury Firm has an empathetic legal team that knows exactly what you’re going through.
We are ready to help you. All you need to do is call us at (470) 577-8152 today.
Personal injury law, or “tort law,” is a legal field that seeks to right civil wrongs known as torts. A tort is any “act or omission that gives rise to injury or harm to another.” Typically, torts are the results of negligence, which is a failure to behave with a reasonable duty of care.
When you sue someone for a tort, you become a plaintiff, or “a person who brings a case against another in a court of law,” and the person you sue becomes the defendant, or the person being sued. As the plaintiff, you will have to prove negligence to win your case.
To prove negligence, you must show:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached this duty
- You were hurt
- Your injury or loss is a result of the defendant’s breach
In some cases, proving negligence is straightforward, but others will prove more challenging. At Pritchard Injury Firm, we prioritize our clients, so we will do what it takes to maximize your chances of a successful result.
Our firm is dedicated to your success, but we cannot help you unless you get in touch. From the moment you contact us, your legal issues become ours, and Attorney Zach Pritchard becomes your friend. We put ourselves in your shoes, so we can give you the advice you need and take the legal action that is most appropriate for you and your case
Trust a community-oriented Cartersville injury attorney with a local touch and a firm that gets it.
After an accident, taking legal action might be the last thing on your mind. Unfortunately, injuries come with unavoidable financial realities, and you may not be able to handle them on your own. Further, if someone else caused your accident, you should not have to cope with the consequences alone.
A successful personal injury claim results in damages, which can help you afford:
- Present and future medical bills
- The costs of rehabilitative care
- Missed wages
- Property damage
- Changes to your earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- And more
Our firm can help you pursue everything you deserve, as long as you file sooner rather than later and in accordance with the statute of limitations. In Georgia, you only have 2 years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you fail to do so, you can lose your right to legal action entirely.
What Are the Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits?
A legal dispute between two different parties regarding an accident which resulted in injuries is called a personal injury lawsuit.
The two categories include:
- Formal Lawsuit: This includes a civil complaint that is brought to court. A personal injury attorney will represent you and your interests when in court.
- Informal Settlement: This includes an informal settlement that is created by the two parties, their insurance companies, and their attorneys. It also includes negotiations done by both sides and is concluded with a written legal agreement.
Have you been in an accident? Were you injured? If so, do not hesitate to contact our Cartersville personal injury attorney. We are here to help guide you through the personal injury lawsuit process and make sure your rights are protected. Call today.
Schedule your free and confidential consultation with Attorney Zach Pritchard today!
$450,000 Tractor-Trailer Wreck $450 Thousand
T-Bone Car Wreck Recovery $350,000.00
Car Accident Recovery $250,000.00
Client was rear-ended while coming to a stop for traffic. The damage to the vehicle was minimal, but the impact to the client was large.
Pedestrian Accident $225,000
Our client was a pedestrian who was struck by a vehicle. The client suffered serious injuries, yet made a full recovery.
Car Accident Recovery $190,000.00
Family members were injured in a collision in Cherokee County while traveling on Highway 92. The vehicle was totaled.
Negligent Security Recovery $115,000.00
Car Accident Recovery $100,000.00
Our client was involved in a rear-end collision with minimal property damage in Gwinnett County.
Rear-End Collision Recovery $100,000.00
The client was rear-ended while traveling on I-85. The impact caused moderate damage to the vehicle.
Tractor-Trailer Accident $75,000.00
Our client was rear-ended on I-75 by a tractor-trailer. The vehicle was a total loss. The client received emergency care and treatment.
Car Accident Recovery $50,000.00
Our client was involved in a serious car collision and was left with a concussion.
Motor vehicle crashes are the most common personal injury cases, but almost any type of accident can warrant a personal injury claim.
At Pritchard Injury Firm, we handle:
- Car accidents – from low-impact collisions to drunk driving accidents
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist claims – when your insurance company refuses to cooperate
- Truck accidents – semi-truck collisions and other commercial car crashes
- Motorcycle accidents – caused by negligent drivers or defective bikes or motorcycle parts
- Premises liability claims – which apply when you are harmed on someone else’s property
- Slip and fall accidents – on wet floors or other unsafe surfaces
- Dog bites – dangerous dogs and other animal attacks
- Catastrophic injuries – including spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, burn injuries, and any other injuries that take away your ability to work
- Workplace accidents – third-party negligence and workers’ compensation claims
- Medical malpractice claims – when you are harmed by a healthcare provider
- Wrongful death cases – which apply when you lose a loved one to someone else’s negligence
If you need help with any of the practice areas above, our Cartersville injury lawyer is here for you.